Getting burned out with your current exercise routine? It’s one of the biggest challenges faced by those who are exercising to lose weight. Getting started and sticking with it is usually the hardest part of making any change. Everything starts out great, you’re pumped and motivated. Then you start to lose steam. Your routines become boring and you are ready to quit… Not so fast.
With a little brainstorming, time and creativity, you can beat boredom in your exercise routine. If you’re stuck in a rut, doing the same workout each day or you’re having problems deciding which exercise routine to do, here’s a simple way to create unique routines each day. I found this idea on Pinterest and I thought it was well worth sharing.
The solution I’m talking about is the Popsicle workout jar! It’s simple yet functional, and depending on the colors and jars used, it can add a splash of color to your workout room! The brighter and bolder, the better!
And if you really get bored and unmotivated, there are a lot of free video channels you can follow on YouTube to keep you going. One of the channels I follow is the PopSugar Fitness Channel. They are full of energy with upbeat videos for most fitness levels that will get you into shape in no time. Many of their videos demonstrate exercises at several different levels from low to high impact.
If their videos are too advanced, there are a lot of other video channels to choose from. With a few clicks and searches you will find something that fits your needs. There is also the Sit and Be Fit Channel that is an excellent workout resource if you are not able to exercise at a rigorous level.
Keep in mind that you don’t have to become an exercise fanatic to obtain results. The big thing is to continue to challenge your muscles (thus the need for workout variation) and consistency. So finding a routine that works for you and sticking with it, will take you a long way toward reaching your goals.
Easy Popsicle Stick How-To Instructions
This colorful workout motivation is sure to help you lose weight comfortably. Have fun with it!
1. Paint some Popsicle sticks in various bright colors. Let them dry.
HELPFUL HINT: Create exercise categories ahead of time, for example cardio, core/abs, legs, arms, back, and chest. Paint seven (one for each day of the week) or more sticks the same color to represent each category. This will give you more variety and selection to choose from.
2. Using a fine point Sharpie or permanent marker, write your exercises on the Popsicle sticks. Let writing dry.
3. Put them in a jar, mug or tall glass.
4. Each day, pull out one stick from each color to build your workout.
5. Place used Popsicle sticks in a nearby drawer or an inconspicuous place so that you don’t choose the same routine twice. Or you can use the honor system if you place it back in the jar.
6. If you decide to work just one area, you can pick sticks from one color group. Choose additional colors to work multiple areas.
Here are some additional work out tips:
- Determining your WHY, will help you stay focused. For example, why do you want to lose weight or get fit? Is it to look better in your clothing, improve you health, feel better or all of the above? Writing this down and posting it in and important place where you will see it daily, or even in your workout room will help you stay focused when the going gets tough.
- Periodically add new exercises to your routine. Your muscles react and get used to your routines (they get bored too!), so variation is key to workout success. Adding new routines or new forms of exercise will eliminate this.
- Change the type of exercises you’re doing. If for example you’re lifting weights or doing aerobic exercise routines, you might consider adding another form of exercise like yoga, walking, swimming and running. Again, that provides variation.
- Get a workout buddy. Having someone to workout with makes it more enjoyable, and it makes the time go by faster when you have someone to talk to. Most importantly, you can help keep each other motivated.
- More variation. Another way to obtain variation would be to sign up for a fitness class at your local YWCA/YMCA, or other classlocation in your area.
We hope you’ve found some ideas that will make working out interesting, refreshing and fun. You’ll have more motivation to continue once you begin see improvements in how you look and feel. And after you do it for a while, it will become part of your lifestyle.
There is also a wonderful line of weight loss, skin care, nutrition and cafe products that will help you reach your weight loss goals, look and feel great, while minimizing the signs of aging. Check this blog regularly for ideas on working out, losing weight and living your best life. There’s plenty support, have fun with losing weight… it doesn’t have to be monotonous…