It’s winter, and many areas of the country will experience frigid temperatures, with ice and snow. In a couple of months, Spring will arrive and all that cold weather will give way to warmer temperatures and clear skies.
Once the weather breaks, you’ll want to be ready for lightweight fabrics, bare backs and midriffs, tube tops, sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps, swimsuits and other “barely there” attire.
Is your skin ready? If not, this is a great time time to start a routine to improve your skin in time for warmer weather. Whether you incorporate maintenance or anti aging products, or a combination of both, now is the time to get started.
Since skin covers the entire body, maintaining it from the inside out will improve our appearance and sense of well-being. When our skin is too oily, acne prone, dry and flaky, scarred or showing the signs of aging, it affects our comfort and confidence levels. If our skin is inflamed, itchy and/or irritated, we need immediate relief.
The first step in improving the outside appearance of our skin begins with improving the inside, with a consistent beauty routine. Starting with a healthy diet, include a regular exercise and skin maintenance plan for beautiful, radiant skin in no time!
There’s Something for Every Age Group
If you’re younger, the damaging effects of things like poor diet, stress, excessive exposure to the sun, smoking or lack of hydration may not be visible. However as time goes on, you will likely notice changes (that can be addressed now) if you don’t take steps today to avoid the signs of aging. Avoid premature aging and procedures like Botox, lifts or other surgical procedures by establishing a skin care routine that has an anti-aging component.
If you’re noticing that your skin is changing, there are also things you can do to slow or reduce the signs of aging. Your skin type can affect how your skin appears and its tendencies toward premature lines and wrinkles. It’s important, if your skin type is normal, dry, oily, combination or sensitive, be sure to use products that are suited for your skin. Once you’ve determined your skin type, here are some anti aging-skin care tips that will help at any age:
- Protect your skin from the sun: Sun protection forms the foundation of any anti-aging skin-care plan. There is evidence that the sun prematurely ages our skin, and there is actually a word; photoaging, that describes this effect.
- Seek shade: Be sure to seek shade between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. and whenever your shadow looks shorter than you are.
- Use products that are designed to work together: Products like our Iaso Skin Care line are designed to work to keep your skin looking great while fighting the signs of aging. In addition to the Iaso Skin Care products that cleanse and moisturize the skin on your face, our SlimR Body Toning Cream is an amazing formula that helps smooth skin and eliminate stretch marks. It's also used for body wraps.
- Cover up in style: Whenever possible, wear a wide-brimmed hat, pants, and long sleeves. Gloves help minimize common signs of aging on our hands such as age spots. Sunglasses and a consistent application of an anti aging eye serum will reduce fine lines around our eyes.
- Use sunscreen every day before going outdoors: To protect your skin, apply sunscreen to all skin that clothing will not cover. You want to use a sunscreen that offers broad-spectrum protection, SPF 30 (or higher), and offers water resistance.
- Avoid indoor tanning: The sun, tanning beds, and sun lamps expose you to harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. These rays accelerate skin aging.
- Wash away dirt and grime twice a day: How you wash your face can affect your appearance. You'll want to wash with warm water and a mild cleanser (based on your skin type) rather than soap.
- Apply a moisturizer every day: As we age, skin becomes drier and fine lines and wrinkles appear. Moisturizer traps water in our skin, giving it a more youthful appearance. For best results, use a facial moisturizer, body moisturizer and lip balm.
- Stop smoking: Tobacco smoke contains toxins that can lead to smoker's face. Signs of smoker's face include dull and dry complexion, loss of firmness in your skin, premature lines and wrinkles and leathery skin.
- Eat healthier foods: A healthy diet promotes healthy skin. Make sure you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and healthy fats.
- Get enough sleep: It's called beauty rest for a reason. Sleep gives your body time to refresh and renew itself.
- Resist the temptation to touch your face: This is very important because you can transfer countless bacteria from your hands to your face just by simply touching it. Dirt can get trapped in your pores that can cause a variety of problems. If you have to touch your face, wash you hands thoroughly with soap and warm water - or alternatively, use a face towel.
Last but not least, stick to your routine! Your skin needs to become accustomed to the products you're using. Sometimes a negative effect appears at first, but this usually goes away after the skin has time to adjust.
Products That Promote Beauty, Health and Wellness!
Spring will arrive and all that cold weather will give way to warmer temperatures and clear skies. Once the weather breaks, you’ll want to be ready for lightweight fabrics, bare backs and midriffs, tube tops, sleeveless shirts, spaghetti straps, swimsuits and other “barely there” attire. It’s time to think about your skin care routine with products made with natural ingredients to help you have radiant, youthful looking skin.